Our little team of two is looking for a houseplant loving third member to help us grow our urban oasis. Spend your days surrounded by greenery while talking all things plants with our customers, getting your hands dirty and helping us keep our social media fresh and engaging. Think you might be a good fit? Read on for more details and info on how to apply.
Application Deadline is July 5th
Part Time Marketing and Shop Assistant
The Marketing and Shop Assistant is responsible for managing Art Terrarium social media accounts and assisting the shop manager with generating and implementing creative marketing plans. The Marketing and Shop Assistant provides excellent customer service and shop upkeep during shop hours. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with initiative, creativity, and drive and is passionate about people, art and houseplants.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Craft original and engaging content for the Art Terrarium Instagram and Facebook accounts.
- Post upcoming events on Facebook, Art Terrarium website and local event websites.
- Work with the Gallery Curator and Shop Manager to develop and implement creative event promotions.
- Proactively communicate with our audience, responding to inquiries in a timely manner and monitoring user reviews
- Identify potential marketing opportunities and partnerships and work with the Shop Manager to implement innovative ideas.
- Perform all cash register operations and related customer service duties
- Provide an amazing customer experience by engaging customers, answering customer questions and assisting with potting bar activities
- Maintain a clean and organized sales floor
- Water and prune store plants as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must love houseplants and have a desire to continually learn and grow houseplant knowledge
- Experience using and working with various social media platforms and understanding of social media trends
- Creative thinker with an eagerness to bring new ideas to the table
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Self motivated with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility to work independently and in a team environment
- Graphic Design skills a plus
- Photography and photo editing skills a plus
- Able to be helpful and friendly with customers
- Able to lift 20lbs
- Flexible schedule with weekend availability
- Starting at $12/hr
- 25% discount on Art Terrarium merchandise
- 20-25 hrs per week
Send us an email with a creative subject line and tell us a little about yourself! We'd love to hear about any relevant experience and education and why you're interested in working at Art Terrarium. If you have links or attachments of past work samples, websites, portfolios, etc., please be sure to include those in the email.
Please include answers to the following questions in your email:
Tell us about your favorite houseplant! What is it and what do you love about it?
Tell us about a social media account you are currently digging. What makes it stand out to you?
What does "excellent customer service" mean to you?
Please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 5th. We look forward to hearing from you!