Our private, reservable room is perfect for baby showers, bachelorette parties, birthdays, corporate events and more! We also offer a wide variety of plant-related activities and classes for you and your guests to enjoy.
Renting the space
How it works!
- Reserve Date and Time for your event with a $75 deposit (this goes towards the total space rental, refundable with 7+ days cancellation notice)
- Select Activity (see list below), and confirm total guest count (or range)
- Show up and enjoy! You can pay the remainder of space rental and for activities the day of the event (as a single payment, or guests can pay separately!)
What to know:
- Parties are always better with refreshments! You’re welcome to bring in any food or drinks. Need a catering recommendation? We love Syds Catering and Tangerine.
- We have table seating for up to 30 guests. The maximum capacity for an event is 45 (benches and lounge seating for 15 in addition to the 30 table seats)
- Our offered plant activities (listed below) are a great way to make your event memorable and unique, but if you’d like to simply host an event without the activity there is a flat fee of $100 in addition to the space rental.
Interested in renting our space? Fill out this form.
Classes & Activities Offered
Group activities are a fun way to celebrate with your friends and family! We offer the following classes for private and corporate groups of most sizes — in our shop, on location or virtually:
Plant Parenthood for Beginners- $28 per person
This class is the perfect introduction to plant parenthood, and a valuable refresh to help your indoor plants thrive! Together with your guest you’ll learn:
- Basic principles of indoor light
- How to control soil and environment for optimum plant health
- Hands-on repotting of a hardy houseplant (4” tropical plant and terra cotta planter included) that you’ll take home!
- You'll also get a Plant Parent zine created by our staff to help support your plant journey!
Terrarium Building- $38 per person
This creative session is perfect for all levels of plant enthusiasts! You and your guests will learn about care of tropical plants indoors before building the perfect miniature tropical garden. All supplies are included! Each participant will be sent home with a terrarium care card and packaging to travel safely with their new creations. The activity typically takes about 30-45 minutes to complete.
Moss Art for Beginners- $55 per person
Great creative with your guests while you each build a moss masterpiece! Each participant will assemble and take home a unique piece of organic decor using colorful moss and other natural elements. Moss art is great for spaces needing extra greenery, or that lack natural light. No plant experience necessary! This activity typically takes about an hour to complete.
Mounted Plants for Beginners- $45 per person
Add a touch of living art to your wall with a mounted epiphyte! You and your guests will be introduced to this fascinating group of plants, including how to care for them, before a demonstration of mounting them onto wooden boards. Each participant will take home their new creation along with detailed care instructions. This activity is great for any level of plant experience. All materials and hanging hardware are included!
Kokedama for Beginners- $32 per person
The Japanese art of "kokedama" is a creative gardening method that grows plants in a ball of soil covered in moss. Our favorite hardy houseplants like birdsnest ferns, pothos, and philodendrons can all be transformed into a suspended green oasis. Learn about kokedama creation and care before a brief demonstration- then get your hands dirty making your own biophilic creation!
We love bringing your vision for an event to life! If you have an idea for an event that's not listed above, reach out and we'll see what we can build! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea, estimated number of attendees and any other information.
On-location events are available by request, within the Des Moines metro and dependent on our capacity. Additional costs for staffing and travel will apply.
Interested in renting our space?
Please fill out this form for pricing and more information on any of the events above.