Get creative at our Potting Bar!
The potting bar is fully stocked with potting soil (all purpose and succulent soil), pea gravel, charcoal, and top dressing moss and rocks, for all your terrarium building and plant potting needs! Create a terrarium, build a succulent arrangement or pot your new plant so it's home-ready. We invite you to bring in empty planters that need a new plant friend, or your plant that needs to be repotted.
Potting Bar FAQWhat does it cost?
Pricing depends on the project. Terrariums range from $25-45, or you can pick your own pot and plant(s) for a custom arrangement. We have options as low as $6!Do I need to make an appointment?
The potting bar is available for our customers to use anytime during normal business hours. For groups of 5 or more, please call ahead (or email) to ensure we have proper staff and supplies on hand for your project.I don’t know what I’m doing. Can you help me?
Absolutely! We are happy to walk you through the potting process and give tips and tricks to help keep your houseplants healthy and happy.Can I bring my own container?
Bring in your own pot or terrarium container and we will help you find the perfect plants for a refresh. Or bring in your plants that need repotted and we’ll help you find the right pot.Can I bring in plants that need repotted?
Yes! Bring in your plants that need a refresh and we’ll help you find a new pot and replant it.Can I have a private party at Art Terrarium?
Absolutely! See Activity Options under our Potting Bar Rentals section for pricing and options.Can you bring the potting bar to my event/business?
For sure! We have a pop up potting bar set up that is perfect for events and businesses. The set up fee is $50 + the potting bar activity. See our Private Parties FAQ for more info on pricing and options. Ask us about our special prices for non-profits.
Potting Bar Rentals
Did you know you can rent the potting bar? It's perfect for a friends night out, team building, baby/bridal showers and birthday parties!Pricing
- Parties of 8 or less during open hours: no rental fee, just pay for price of activity.
- Parties of 8 or more: $50 rental fee + price of activity.
- Parties before or after business hours: $50/hr rental fee + price of activity.
- Terrarium building: $25-45/person, depending on the container. $20/person if you bring your own container.
- Healthy Houseplants Workshop: $20/person. Learn some tips and tricks for healthy houseplants and pot your own 4” plant in terra cotta.
- Terra Cotta Painting (perfect for kids!): $12/person.
- Custom Workshop: Have an idea for a plant based activity? Let us know your idea and we’ll talk options.
- Private parties have the option to use the workshop table and shop lounge, as well as the back room. Two 6” tables and 15 chairs will be provided.
- Guests are welcome to bring in their own food and drink.
Schedule your potting bar rental!
Please include your date and time preference, how many will be in your party, and which potting bar activity you are interested in under the message field below.